POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Vegetation - Seedgrowth test : Re: Vegetation - Seedgrowth test Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vegetation - Seedgrowth test
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 7 Aug 2002 00:28:21
Message: <3d50a1e5$1@news.povray.org>
>     I was going to ask that, but also, do you plan to have different
species
> competing for space/resources and, therefor, have vegetation die off and
> repopulating available space ?

As for the question regarding multiple species,
look at the answer to David's post.

Regarding your question:
Its not actually a simulation, but a system that should be
used to position objects on a heightfield, in regard to
slope and intersections of objects. Building the system to
compete, with dying objects etc, would be very difficult
to implement I guess, and modifying the exisiting code is
no easy task (is already over 1000 lines of code pure
vegetation-macros, add some other, older macros of
name-generation, vector sorting etc...).

But I'll keep it in mind in case I change my mind...

--
Tim Nikias